The Global Autism Collaboration's Research Initiative
“Parents as Partners”
Melds Scientists and Stakeholders in a Novel Research Program
Parents of children with the diagnosis of autism raise millions of dollars annually for autism research, but typically they have little say about where research efforts are focused. In an effort to advance a parent driven research paradigm, the Global Autism Collaboration has established a research initiative titled 'Parents As Partners.' This ambitious initiative acknowledges the fact that parents are a critical component of autism research and their unique experiences and observations are valuable resources in guiding research into the most promising areas of investigation in treating this disorder.
This funding program offers several mechanisms for supporting innovative, untested and potentially groundbreaking research along with funding for small scale clinical trials, research support and clinical training fellowships. This includes:
- Therapeutic Development: Funding the initial exploration of innovative and potentially groundbreaking clinical interventions in the field of autism.
- Evidenced-Based Development: Funding small-scale investigations that scientifically evaluate therapeutic interventions utilizing placebo controlled and blinded study design.
- Research Support: Funding ancillary expertise necessary for research design, data mining, data analysis and manuscript preparation.
- Clinical Fellowships: Supporting post-doctoral training for clinicians interested in treating children with autism utilizing a comprehensive biomedical, research-based approach.
At this time, applications are accepted year-round.
For information regarding applications contact: ResearchPartners@GlobalAutismCollaboration.com
Application for Research Assistance
Type of Funding Requested
- Therapeutic Development - $5,000 to $10,000
- Evidenced Based Development - $20,000 and upwards
- Research Support - $5,000 to $10,000
- Clinical Fellowship (Note only 1 page narrative outlining need for support required after completing first 4 cells below) - $1,000 to $5,000
Name of Principal Applicant
Position and Title
Email and Phone
A one to three page project narrative describing how the research is innovative and will advance the objective of developing effective treatments for autism spectrum disorders. Include background, specific aims, research strategy, innovation and impact
Statement of Work
A one page narrative describing how the specific aims of the investigation will be accomplished including timelines, outcomes, products and deliverables for the investigation
May be omitted if not applicable or include references, graphs, tables, photographs or other relevant information
Research and Budget
Please provide documentation for budgetary expenses in U.S dollars. Note: These awards may not be applied to indirect costs or administrative overhead.
Please attach or describe status